Life skills experience program
Life Skills Experience: schedule will be released january 27
Registration for the Life Skills Experience is quickly approaching! The registration page will be on our chapter website: www.thefirstteebentonharbor.org and registration will go live February 17, 2020! We are extremely excited to again offer online registration this year and look forward to a great summer program! This is only our third year offering the online registration process and we are striving to make this process as smooth as possible. Here are a few details that will be helpful when registering. If you’re having any trouble at all during registration, please don’t hesitate to call us at 269-210-6968 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A YOUTH PROGRAM UNLIKE ANY OTHER
First Tee of Benton Harbor emphasizes Ten Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy, judgment and inclusion. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
First Tee of Benton Harbor uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 through senior year of high school regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee of Benton Harbor helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
“As I look back at my experience with First Tee of Benton Harbor, I’ve realized that the instructors, mentors, and volunteers at the program, played a huge part in who I am today. Because of First Tee of Benton Harbor, I’ve obtained the confidence to set goals for myself and believe that I have the potential to achieve them.”
– Courtney Rooker, First Tee of Benton Harbor alumnus
ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
From age 5 through senior year of high school, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- Target (Ages 5 & 6) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- PLAYer (Ages 7 & 8) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (Ages 9+) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (Ages 11+) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (Ages 13+) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (Ages 14+ or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.