NATIONAL EVENTS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
First Tee junior golf program doesn’t just get kids on the course, it offers them exciting opportunities for growth. With the help of our corporate partners, we host a series of events to our more advanced participants, allowing them to meet new people, play some golf, achieve greatness, and show off our nine core values in action. Descriptions and selected individuals are listed in the links below.
Common eligibility requirements for all 2019 Participant Opportunities:
- Participants must be in the 14-18 age range.
- Entered in The First Tee participant database for a minimum of 3 years at the time of application deadline. The Home Office will use the participant’s “created on” date in the database to determine if the participant meets the 3 year requirement (please see exemptions below for Outstanding Participant Leadership Summit)
- Classified as a high school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior as of spring semester 2020 (please see exemptions below for PURE Insurance Championship Impacting The First Tee and Coca Cola’s – America’s Future)
- Entered in The First Tee participant database at a minimum of Birdie level at the time of application deadline
- Active in The First Tee database upon submittal of application
- Chapters must have signed their original contract at least 3 years before application deadline in order to submit applicants
- Participants who attended the event previously are not eligible to apply
GOLF & LEADERSHIP EVENTS:
COCA-COLA AMERICA’S FUTURE | AUG. 26-29
Coca-Cola Company offers five participants the chance to experience downtown Atlanta visiting the Coca-Cola campus, attending new hire training, and taking part in interviews to determine the winner of a scholarship. Held in conjunction with The TOUR Championship.
JOHN DEERE DRIVE YOUR FUTURE ACADEMY | JUNE 8-12
This all-girls event focuses on leadership development, remaining active in the game of golf, learning the value/impact of volunteerism, and recognizing the importance of teamwork.
FIRST TEE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP | JUNE 21-26
The first-ever First Tee National Championship will be held at Clemson University, bringing together First Tee’s elite players for an opportunity to showcase how the program has helped build the strength of character needed to play at the collegiate or next level.
JOHN DEERE POWER FOR GOOD SCHOLARSHIP | JULY 5-9
Participants submit a written essay about how they are a ‘Power for Good’ through service to their communities, schools, and neighborhoods. Three essay applicants will each receive a one-time $5,000 college scholarship and a VIP experience at the John Deere Classic.
Participants selected to attend the academy will have the opportunity to further strengthen and develop their leadership skill in various methods. They will be encouraged to develop their leadership qualities and skill set through engaging workshops, panel discussions/seminars, and volunteer opportunities.
PERFECT SENSE UNIFIED CHALLENGE | JUN. 22-26
The Unified Challenge is a President’s Cup team event with golfers from The First Tee paired as teammates with wounded veterans and Special Olympics golfers from around the country.
PURE INSURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP IMPACTING THE FIRST TEE | SEPT. 15-21
An official PGA TOUR Champions event at Pebble Beach Golf Links, the tournament pairs top participants from First Tee with a PGA TOUR Champions player and amateurs. To be selected, juniors are measured in both golf ability and life skills knowledge. The tournament is televised on Golf Channel.
WELLS FARGO SUCCEEDING TOGETHER | APRIL 28-MAY 4
Teenage participants can compete through an essay contest for the opportunity to attend the Wells Fargo Championship in Charlotte, N.C. Four winners are selected, with the grand prize winner receiving the opportunity to play in the pro-am with the PGA TOUR player of their choice.
YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMIT | NOVEMBER 18-21
The Youth Leadership Summit recognizes exemplary achievement by a young person currently involved in First Tee programming. This is an interactive and educational summit in which participants will have the opportunity to develop plans for leading a meaningful service project in their communities focusing on raising awareness on global issues.