Life skills experience program
Registration for the Life Skills Experience is quickly approaching! The registration page will be on our chapter website: www.thefirstteebentonharbor.org and registration will go live April 12. We are extremely excited to offer online registration this year and look forward to a great summer program! The online registration process is brand new to our organization and we are striving to make this process as smooth as possible. Here are a few details that will be helpful when registering:
New Class Terminology
For our returning families, in the past our classes for 5 & 6 year olds was listed as PLAYer 1. These classes are now named Target. The PLAYer 2 classes now become the PLAYer Level.
2nd Session/Sibling Discount
In the past if you’ve done both sessions or registered more than one participant you’ve received a discounted rate. This discounted rate is now $20. You will be able to register for the sibling discount once you have registered your second participant. Be sure to select the sibling discount option prior to completing your registration.
*The second session discount rate is now listed as the Membership Discount. All participants/families registering for the first session are required to purchase a membership to complete their registration. Membership is free and necessary to receive the second session Membership Discount rate. If you are only registering for the second session membership is not mandatory.
We have a new military discount! As a thank you for their service, military families will receive a $10 discount when registering for the Life Skills Experience with The First Tee of Benton Harbor.
For those who do not wish to register online, we will be holding an in-person registration at The First Tee of Benton Harbor Academy (201 Graham Ave. Benton Harbor, MI 49022) on April 14 from 10am – 2pm.
If you’re having any trouble at all during registration, please don’t hesitate to call us at 269-210-6968 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The First Tee of Benton Harbor uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 through senior year of high school regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee of Benton Harbor helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A YOUTH PROGRAM UNLIKE ANY OTHER
The First Tee of Benton Harbor emphasizes Ten Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy, judgment and inclusion. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
From age 5 through senior year of high school, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- Target (Ages 5 & 6) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- PLAYer (Ages 7 & 8) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (Ages 9+) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (Ages 11+) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (Ages 13+) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (Ages 14+ or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.
THE POWER OF RELATIONSHIPS
“As I look back at my experience with The First Tee of Benton Harbor, I’ve realized that the instructors, mentors, and volunteers at the program, played a huge part in who I am today. Because of The First Tee of Benton Harbor, I’ve obtained the confidence to set goals for myself and believe that I have the potential to achieve them.”
– Courtney Rooker, The First Tee of Benton Harbor alumnus
2018 LIFE SKILLS EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
- Sibling rate is $50 for first child, and $20 for each additional child for one session.
- Registration Dates: 1st Session – Monday, June 18 – Thursday, July 19 (week of July 4th off)
- 2nd Session – Monday, July 30 – Thursday, August 23